You can add a hit counter to Tumblr in 10 simple steps using hit-counter.info. I would recommend installing Google Analytics into your Tumblr instead. Google Analytics allows you to view hits along with lots of other important data.
Add A Hit Counter To Tumblr
- Go to hit-counter.info.
- Click the 'view all' link.
- Check the bullet next to the counter style you prefer.
- Enter the number you want to start counting at into the 'Starting count:' field.
- Enter your website address into the last field and press the 'OK' button.
- Copy the code snippet that appears.
- Log into your Tumblr blog.
- Click on the 'Preferences' then click on the 'Customize your blog' button'.
- Click on the 'Edit HTML' button and then paste the counter code snippet just before the '</body' tag like I did below.
- Click the 'Save' button.
You should now have a hit counter displayed in the footer of your Tumblr website.