The photo you uploaded is too small! It must be at least 940 pixels wide and 180 pixels tall.
A lot of businesses are creating Google+ Pages. For those of you with little image editing knowledge, the Header image could be a stumbling block. If you're getting the 'The photo, you uploaded is too small! It must be at least 940 pixels wide and 180 pixels tall.' error, then the image you are trying to set for your cover is too small.
There are free online image editing programs like http://pixlr.com/, http://www.online-image-editor.com/ or http://www.lunapic.com/editor/ you can use to resize your image. Chances are that if your image is too small, enlarging it will only make it blurry. Your best bet is to find a landscape image that's larger.
Here's a Google+ page cover template:
Click on the image to see it's actual size.
Make sure the image you try to upload for your cover is wider than this google + cover template.
Find free cover images
- Google the topic of the image you want to find.
- Click the 'Images' link at the top of the screen.
- Scroll over the image you want to use.
- In the bottom left corner of the screen you can see the image dimensions.
- Only use images with dimensions that are equal to or larger than the requirements for your cover image.
- When you find a proper image, hover over it and 'right mouse click' on it and save it to your computer.
- Beware of copyrighted images.