How do you add pagination to Tumblr? The Tumblr next page link is already built in; I'm just going to show you how to control it. When you first create a Tumblr blog you’ll notice the default setting is 10 posts displayed per page. After you’ve created ten posts, the ‘next link’ at the bottom(pagination) of the page will automatically appear.
Let's set it up so that only one post appears per page. This can be useful if you're trying to eliminate the need for scrolling on your Tumblr blog.
Modify the number of posts displayed per page
- Log into your Tumblr blog.
- Click on the 'Preferences' icon.
- Click the 'Customize your blog' button.
- Click the 'ADVANCED' tab. Options will drop down, one of them being a 'posts per page' menu.
- Select the number of posts you want to be displayed at the same time per page. In this example, we will select one post per page.
- Click the 'Save' button at the top of the page.
- Click the 'Close' button.
Now when you view your blog, one post will display per page, hopefully eliminating the need for scrolling.