A lost of people use Google Calendar on their website to list ans schedule events. This tutorial will show you how to create event in Google Calendar.
How to create an event using Google Calendar
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar/ and create an account.
- Set time zone.
- Google Calendar lets you create events or notes on a calendar that you can use as a reference for yourself and others. Before you can create an event you have to create a 'calendar' within your Google Calendar account. It's a little counter intuitive for Google to allow one to make calendars within a calendar application, but essentially Google allows you to create multiple color coded calendars within your calendar that serve as categories. For example, you can create a red color coded calendar for your karate classes, and a blue color coded calendar for your surfing classes. When you create an event under these calendars, or categories, they will appear as blue and red boxes on the main calendar and be easy to interpret. So let's create a calendar. Click on 'My calendars' and select 'Create new calendar'.
- Enter in the 'Calendar Name', 'Description' and the 'Location' field.
- Check the 'Share this calendar with others.
- Check the 'Make this calendar public' box.
- Click the 'Create New Calendar' button at the top of the screen.
- Next, click the small down arrow next to the calendar you created in the list. Click a color you want to represent events for this calendar and then click 'Create event on this calendar'.
- Input the variable for your event and click the 'Save' button.
- When you look at the calendar for the time you scheduled, you will see a box with the event title in it.