What are some good Tumblr names? A good Tumblr name is short, memorable, and easy to say. You shouldn't have to say 'N as in Nancy' when verbally communicating your blog name to someone else. I think a Tumblr blog name should be 4-10 characters in length at max. Many of the good Tumblr website url names are taken, but there are some tricks you can use to create a very similar name that's just as cool. A Tumblr title is not the same as a name, but I think it's good practice to have your Blog Title match the URL name for good branding purposes. Below is a list of tactics for creating good Tumblr URL names or title.
Strategies for creating good tumblr titles and URL names
- Place a number inside the name. Instead of 'toogood', spell is as '2good'.
- Use a number that visually looks like a letter and replace a letter in your Tumblr name. Instead of 'steel', spell it as 'st33l'.
- If you want a Tumblr blog name called giants, but the word 'giants' is taken, place a verb in front of the word giants. Instead of giants, use the term 'gogiants', 'thegiants' or 'redgiants'.
- If you want to use a word for your blog name, but it's taken, you can try adding a trendy name extension to the word instead. For example, if you want to name your blog 'chef', but 'chef' is taken, try using the name 'uberchef' instead. Here is a list of trendy slang verbs you can add to a Tumblr name to make it unique:
- You can add hyphens in your name to name it unique. Instead of using the name 'redlight', use 'red-light'.
- If you're dead set on a name, you can always message the current Tumblr blog owner and ask him if you can have the name.
URL names for tumblr ideas can also be found by simply posting the request on yahoo answers.