In this tutorial I will show you how to create a good username. I'll assume the username will be public and will have to be unique. Below are some awesome strategies on how to create the best username possible.
How to create a good username techniques
- The shorter the username the better. Check the size limits the website specifies for the username and make it as short as possible(4-10 characters).
- Think of a word people can remember. A username that's memorable can be more easily spread via word of mouth.
- Ideally a username should be easy to pronounce. If you have to say 'z as in zebra' or 'n as in Nancy', there's an increased chance that people will misinterpret the username. Don't fret over this since it's impossible to do sometimes.
- If the username you want is taken, you can resort to replacing one of the letters with a number (tooslick - 2slick)(numberone - number1).
- Add one of these common slang word-extensions onto your username to make it more unique.
- Worse case scenario, you can always message a user who has your preferred username and try to purchase it from them.
It's not always easy to find a good username. I have to think of a good username every day since I run a web hosting company and these methods help me the most.