Most WordPress blogs display their posts in a list. The list usually includes previews of each post with 'read more' links next to them. Clicking a read more link brings you to the actual post so you can read it.
The preview portion of a blog post is create while writing the post.
How to create the post preview portion of your blog post
- After you're done creating your blog article, make sure the 'Visual' tab is selected over the main content area.
- Place your courser after the first paragraph of your text in your main content area.
- Click the 'Insert More tag' button on the WYSIWYG tool bar and a 'readmore' break will appear where the courser was.
- All the content above the 'readmore' break will appear as the preview text for this post.
- You can also create a 'readmore' break while in the 'HTML' tab bye typing where you want the break to appear.
- Don't forget to click the 'Update' button to save your changes.