If you install Windows 7, you may have noticed your Wacom tablet isn't working anymore regardless of whether you update the driver or not. It turns out that installing or updating your operating system is enough to screw up your Wacom tablet's driver. In order to get your Wacom graphics tablet working again you have to completely uninstall the old driver and re-install the new one.
How to get your Wacom tablet working again after installing/upgrading to Windows 7:
- Disconnect the wacom tablet from the computer.
- Open your Start Menu.
- Click on 'Control Panel'.
- Click on 'Programs'.
- Click on 'Programs and Features'.
- Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer.
- After restarting the computer, download and install only the latest driver from: http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/IBMPC/pro/WacomTablet_6.2.0w5.exe
- Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet.
Customer Care Technician
Wacom Technology Services, Corp
P: 360.896.9833 [Mon-Fri]
Hours: Mon-Thur: 7:30am-5pm
Fri: 8:30am-5pm Pacific Time