The first step in designing a logo for your website is to consider what competing companies are using for their logos. Symbolizing your business or service in a logo isn't always easy. Considering the logos already out there may give you some ideas.
Find out what competing websites use for their logos
- Open up a web browser and navigate to Google.com.
- Type in the word 'logo' and the type of business your website's about in the search field. Example: "logo insurance company"
- Click the 'Images' tab.
- You will see all kinds of insurance company logos. When you see a logo you like, save it. Hover over the image in the search results with your mouse cursor. Right mouse click the image and select 'Save Image As...'. Save the image to a directory on your computer.
Save as many logos as you like.
Professional Trendy Logo Designs
Next we're going to look as some logos from professional designers. Go to logopond.com and browse through the designs. This will help you get a feel for the current trends in logo design. Just because your competition isn't using trendy, 2.0 logo designs doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you see a logo style you like, in particular, contact the author to get a quote.
Contacting an author on LogoPond.com
- Click on a logo you like.
- Click the name of the author next to the word 'by'.
- Here you can browse more logos from this artist. To contact him click the 'Profile' icon at the top right of the page.
- Sometimes the author will leave their email address in the profile description. Use the email address to contact them and request a quote on your logo design idea.
When you send your logo design idea to the author, make sure to send him and logo you've collected from other websites that you may be trying to mimic.