So you have a charge to your PayPal account and it wasn't warranted or it was an accident. Follow the steps below to open a dispute and try to get a refund. You have 45 days to open a dispute with PayPal over a 'bad' transaction.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- You will see your recent payment and the date from your 'My Account' field.
- Click the 'Details' link next to the payment you want a refund for.
- Click the 'Click here to resolve' link.
- I didn't cancel my PayPal recurring payment which is why I accidentally paid for a service I canceled. so I need to check the 'I have a problem with an item I purchased' option, but you might check the other option depending on your situation.
- Click the 'Continue' button.
- Select the proper option and click the 'Continue' button again.
- Select the purchase category from the drop-down menu, enter a straight forward message to the seller and press the 'Continue' button.
- That usually all you will need to do. The seller will receive a message and refund you the money and the dispute will close. If the seller doesn't refund you the money, you can then escalate the despite to a 'Claim'.
If you're trying to cancel a PayPal Subscription or Recurring payment try this.