I've noticed that IE9 has a problem displaying many WordPress websites properly. Most of the time the menu is not showing, the slideshow is not showing, or they show but it's messed up.
You can avoid most if not all of the WordPress IE9 problems by placing a certain meta tag in the head section of your website. This meta tag instructs the IE9 browser to emulate a more compatible version of Internet Explorer(IE8) so that the website will not break. It's ok if you don't understand HTML, just follow the instructions.
- Log into WordPress admin.
- Select 'Editor' under the 'Appearance' button on the left of the screen.
- Click the 'Header' link on the right of the screen.
- Copy this line of markup text:
|HTML |||copy code |||?|
<!--DVFMTSC--><meta<!--DVFMTSC--> http<!--DVFMTSC-->−equiv="X<!--DVFMTSC-->−UA<!--DVFMTSC-->−Compatible"<!--DVFMTSC--> content="IE=EmulateIE8"<!--DVFMTSC--> <!--DVFMTSC-->>
- Read through the code in the large text field and where you see a line of text that begins like '<meta....' place="" the="" cursor="" in="" front="" of="" it="" and="" paste="" markup="" text="" li="">
- Click the 'Update File' button.
Now open a new browser tab and load your website. Refresh the browser by holding down the 'Ctrl' key as you hit the 'F5' key. If your website reloads without the 'WordPress IE9' display problem you've resolved the issue.