There are different ways to create a blog page in WordPress depending if you're using a custom theme or not. I'm going to use a universal method which will allow you to create a blog page(s) for multiple categories. You will need a WordPress website for the tutorial.
How to create a blog page in WordPress
How to create categories
- Log into the WordPress website.
- Click on the 'Post' tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on 'Categories'.
- Enter a name for a blog category, for example enter 'news', in the 'Name' field.
- Click the 'Add New Category' button. Notice how the new category appears listed on the right of the screen under the 'Name' column.
- Lets create another category. Enter another category in the 'Name' field and lets call it 'Events'.
- Click the 'Add New Category' button. You should have two categories listed in the 'Name' column on the right side of the screen.
How to create a blog post
- Click on 'Posts' again.
- Click the 'Add New' button.
- Input sample text in the post title and content area fields.
- Check the 'News' category from the 'Categories' box.
- Click the 'Publish' button.
Repeat the process and create another sample blog post only select 'Events' as the category.
How to add blog categories to the menu
- Click the 'Appearance' option on the left of the screen.
- Click the 'Menus' link.
- Check the 'News' categories from the 'Categories' box.
- Click the 'Add to Menu' button to add the category to your menu.
- Click the 'Save Menu' button.
Now when you view your website, you will see your two blog categories as menu items or pages. When you click on the blog category pages, you will see a list of your blog posts pertaining to that category in chronological order. For example, if you selected the 'News' category for a post, it will appear on the news page, and if you selected the category 'Events' for a post, the post will only appear on the 'Events page. That is how you create a blog page in WordPress.