Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't open eml files. The eml files open, but they open as blank documents in Thunderbird. Here are some simple solutions.
I installed Kernel and it did allow me to view email files, but I still couldn't open attachments within the eml file.
I installed Windows Live Mail and was able to view the eml file as well as open any attachments within the eml file. I'm using Windows 7.
How to Install Windows Live Mail
- Go to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home
- Click the 'Download now' button.
- Install the 'Windows Life Essentails'.
- Click 'Choose the programs you want to install'.
- Click the 'Install' button.
- Click the 'Close' button once the installation it complete.
- Save your eml file to your computer.
- Right mouse click your eml file and select 'Open with', then click 'Windows Live Mail'.
- You should see your eml file along with any attachments and be able to download them.