It's very common for nonprofit websites to link to a sponsor from a logo. Most websites will have the list of sponsor logos at the bottom of their website or in the sidebar. WordPress allows you to put a sponsor's logo link in the sidebar or the footer area using widgets.
Create sponsor links using the sponsor's logos on your WordPress website.
- Log into your WordPress admin.
- Click on 'Posts'.
- Click on 'Add New'.
- Place the cursor in the main content are, make sure the 'Visual' tab is selected and click the 'Add an Image' icon.
- Click the 'Select Files' button, navigate to your file and upload it.
- Replace the link in the link in the 'Link URL' field with a link to your sponsor's website(include 'http' at the beginning of the url), for 'Alignment' check 'None', for 'Size' check 'Thumbnail' and press the 'Insert into Post' button.
- Click the 'HTML' tab above the content area.
- Highlight and copy the entire code snippet.
- Click on Appearance'.
- Click 'Widgets'.
- Drag a text widget into either the sidebar widget area or the footer widget area, title the widget 'Sponsors Links' and paste the code snippet into the content area.
- You can place as many sponsor links code snippets into the 'Sponsor Links' widget.
Walkthrough video on how to add logo sponsor links to your WordPress website: