WordPress websites are the best most affordable websites around. They're also a great way to get comment spammed by spam bots. Sure there's a lot of WordPress plugins that can help reduce spam, but nothing's full proof. There are facilities in India and the Filipines full of workers whoses only purpose is to solve captchas for spam programs.
Some WordPress website owners get fed up and decide to just turn comments off!
Here's how you can turn the WordPress comment option off.
- Log into your WordPress admin.
- Click the 'Settings' tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click the 'Discussion' link from the drop down list of options.
- Uncheck 'Allow people to post comments on new articles'.
- Check 'Automatically close comments on articles older than' and set the number of days to 1.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the blue 'Save Changes' button.