How to create a 301 redirect using your hosting account's cPanel
- First log into your cPanel.
- Click on the 'Redirects' icon.
- You have two options from the 'Type' dropdown menu, 301 and 302.
Select 302 if you plan on changing the redirect one day. Select 301 if you never plan on changing the redirect.
- In the 'http://(www)?' field you will need to select the domain, subdomain or addondomain you would like to redirect traffic from. You may also enter in the name of a directory in the '/' field if you would like just directory to redirect traffic.
- In the 'redirect to →' field, enter the URL you would like to redirect traffic to. Make sure to include the whole URL.
- Click the 'add' button. Notice how your new redirect is added to the 'Current Redirects' area.
You've just created a cPanel 301 redirect. 301 Redirects are Google's preferred redirect method and an easy way to direct traffic from multiple domains to the same website.